Engineering Technician (CAD)
Riddell is seeking an Engineering Technician with a passion for football and a passion for product development. As an Engineering Technician, you will support Riddell Product Engineers in designing and developing world class protective products. We are looking for a detail-oriented, results-driven individual who is eager to help wherever needed. The position is on-site at our Corporate office Des Plaines, IL.
As an Engineering Technician, you will…
• Prepare and modify 2D drawings from existing 3D part and assembly models.
• Manipulate and modify existing 3D models with general verbal direction.
• Create 3D part and assembly models from existing 2D drawings or physical parts.
• Create and maintain design documentation such as engineering test procedures, material specifications, and bill of materials.
• Create rapid prototypes using in-house resources such as 3D printing and CNC machining.
• Assemble and prepare prototype samples for lab testing.
• Assist with various lab tests such as NOCSAE drop testing or tensile/compression testing.
• Organize and document lab test results.
• Associate degree in drafting or engineering from two-year college preferred
• 0-3 years of working experience
• Experience with SolidWorks, PTC Creo, or equivalent 2D/3D parametric modeling software
• Experience with Rhinoceros 3D
• Familiarity with FDM 3D printing
• Familiarity with CNC/CAM programming
• Experience with testing physical products using standard lab equipment following established testing protocols
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
• Proven ability to work in a cross-functional team environment and balance multiple projects at a given time
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills and acute attention to detail