Quality Inspector-1st Shift
The Final Inspection position performs receiving, in-process, final and first article inspections. Performs inspection on all incoming materials, in process manufactured and reconditioned assemblies and finished products. Assists the Quality Assurance Department on quality related issues.
- Performs inspection duties on purchased and in-house manufactured and reconditioned assemblies, sub-assemblies and products effectively and efficiently.
- Ensures product quality is in compliance with NOCSAE and other documented requirement items at any level to maintain a constant flow of acceptable product to meet production and ship schedule demands.
- Maintains, generates and updates quality documentation at incoming, in-process, final, and customer returns inspection in a complete, orderly and legible manner.
- Interfaces with vendor representatives as a Riddell / All American quality representative in regard to quality concerns or problems.
- Reports on conditions which adversely affect quality, reliability or overall performance of our products.
- Segregates rejected material to prevent accidental usage.
- Maintains product quality based on workmanship standards, specifications and customer requirements.
- Prepares product status reports.
- Maintains the professional competence, knowledge and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- Operates and uses all equipment following standard work instructions and operating procedures.
- Observes all safety rules and regulations.
- Exercises care and good judgment at all times to prevent accidents and injuries.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures, rules and EBS Code of Conduct.
- Practices good housekeeping by keeping work area, neighboring areas and aisles clean and accessible.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned.
Education and Training:
- High School Degree or GED required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Access) required.
- Three (3) or more years’ experience performing inspections in a reconditioning and manufacturing environment preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and tools.
- Strong oral and written communications with the ability to communicate effectively in one-on-one and small group situations within the organization.
- Strong analytical and math skills.
- Must be flexible and have the ability to multitask.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships within the department and throughout the company.
- Ability to effectively relate with others and cooperate as a team member.
- Ability to perform essential functions and responsibilities of the job with limited supervision.
- Ability to identify components, to read and understand schematics, drawings and to use standard inspection tools.
- Able to monitor all phases of the production process and can operate the necessary tools to verify compliance with quality standards.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment such as copiers, computer terminals, personal computers, etc.
- Careful attention to detail and accuracy required.
Job Type: Full-time
- quality control: 1 year (Preferred)
- quality inspection: 1 year (Preferred)
- quality assurance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
- Monday to Friday