Finance Manager Apparel-Sun Praire, WI
The Apparel Finance Manager functions as a business partner with Sun Prairie, WI and Ontario, CA plants and company management to effectively manage and control the apparel business operations. Is responsible for segment financial reporting, sales analysis, cost accounting, bill of materials and business analysis. Collaborates with the financial staff at the facility and provides on-site support for payables, credit and collection. Will also liaison with corporate financial staff on a regular basis.
Position is located in Sun Prairie, WI.
- Prepare monthly reports of results and forecasts, annual operating plan, and provide strategic plan input.
- Analyze and accurately report current month’s financial results in accordance with corporate format and time requirements.
- Develop Apparel budget coordinating inputs from all apparel facilities and vendors and provide analysis comparing actual result to budget.
- Submit all financial transactions, transmissions, and reporting on a timely and accurate basis.
- Responsible for internal controls at the plant for operations, sales, finance and IT.
- Perform daily walkthroughs of the plant with the General Manager to discuss production and costing issues. Review labor reporting and cost, material costs, manufacturing overhead, distribution cost, returns and inventory levels.
- Conduct formal meetings with manufacturing, finance and sales management personnel to discuss all plant issues. Develop and publish a formal agenda and recap with actions to be taken.
- Lead weekly financial updates to Operations Management Team.
- Responsible for inventory management including agreed upon inventory controls (including cycle counting and physical inventory oversight).
- Maintain a perpetual inventory for finished goods and reconcile this perpetual to production, shipping, and returns daily.
- Analyze potential excess and obsolete inventory items monthly.
- Perform audits of bills of materials to ensure product costs are accurate and accounted for properly. Report audit results monthly.
- Establish bill of material and costing that accurately reflects production operations.
- Ensure timely and accurate input of bill of material and price code changes.
- Document and understand ERP/MRP systems, hardware, and reporting conventions and serve as the on-site IT support /interface.
- Create Capital Expenditure Requests with required justification, including thorough understanding of NPV and Payback analysis.
- Develop and Perform adhoc analysis on apparel operations including efficiencies, material usage, Cost Reduction Opportunities, etc.
- Attend daily plant production meetings as required.
- Responsible for managing all plant cost and identifying efficiency and spending reduction opportunities.
Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required. CPA and/or MBA preferred.
- Minimum five to seven (5-7) years’ experience in a senior level finance or accounting position preferred.
- Excellent proficiency in MS Office applications, primarily Excel and Lotus Notes.
- Extensive experience using automated accounting and financial reporting systems.
- SAP experience required.
- Knowledge of short/long term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets and product-line profitability analysis.
- Extensive knowledge of a variety of financial concepts, practices, processes and procedures.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong teamwork skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships.
- Solid business and finance acumen.
- Careful attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Strong multi-tasking and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple, complex projects and work independently within deadlines.
- Strong analytical, math, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong financial modeling skills.
- Possesses a wide degree of creativity and latitude.