We are looking for Screen Print Assistant for 2nd Shift!
$500 sign on bonus once hired permanently.
Kollege Town Sports, a division of Riddell Sports, specializes in custom apparel, uniforms & footwear for college, high school, youth, and corporate groups nationwide. Its innovative custom screen-printing, embroidery, applique and laser etching is done under one roof, making the company an efficient one-stop shop. Kollege Town Sports is proud of its partnership with Under Armour; making the company one of the largest team dealers in the country.
- Set up and operate an automatic screen printing press according to written and/or verbal instructions, established company procedures, safety and quality guidelines.
- Solve printing problems and making print adjustments to mechanical operation of press to keep quality, registration, color and optimum production speed.
- Understanding of inks, solvents and can print line, halftone and four-color copy on a variety of substrates.
- Receives production order and job assignments from supervisor. Reads order to verify quantity to be run, overrun tolerance, color sequence and substrate.
- Obtains substrate, screen, ink, squeegees, and related supplies needed to produce job.
- Checks screens for proper color sequence and quality.
- Sets up press according to established company guidelines, safety and job requirements.
- Tests the registration of the print design by allowing the machine to cycle automatically, printing on material scraps until registered.
- Prints proof sheets to check press setup, registration, ink viscosity and color.
- Secures supervisors’ approval of 1st run before printing job.
- Sign off on production paperwork.
- Prints job maintaining optimum production speed and makes press adjustments to maintain print quality, registration and color.
- Solves print problems.
- Prints line and halftone copy on a variety of substrates.
- Completes production run including overruns and production samples.
- Completes production records.
- Ensures proper cleanliness of press, work station and immediate press area by returning unused ink to ink racks, removing trash, rags and extra press sheets.
- Responsible for directing the work of press puller and quality control/belt.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- One plus years of experience and/or training in screen printing; or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
- Must have good judgment of color, design and printing quality.
*Typical Work Hours:
Monday- Thursday: *
1st Shift 6:00am - 4:30 pm
2nd Shift 4:30pm -3:00 am
Occasional Fridays/Saturdays- Only when needed
Location: Sun Prairie, WI
Work Environment: Production Facility – employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
*In addition Kollege Town offers competitive compensation and the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance options for the whole family
- 401(k) with company matching
- Holiday and Paid Time off.
Job Type: Full-time