Riddell is searching for a Product Engineer with a passion for football and product creation. Do you find yourself closely examining a product or taking it apart to learn how it works? Do you get excited at the thought of solving challenging problems? Do you find satisfaction in building and creating things? Do you want to help design world class products that are worn by elite athletes and seen by millions every week? If you are intrigued, send us your resume. Position is on-site at our corporate office Des Plaines, IL.
The ideal candidate should have strong research and ideation skills with proven experience developing hard good products. As part of the Riddell R&D group you will play a role in designing and developing world class protective products that are at the forefront of advanced technologies.
As a Product Engineer, you will…
• Research – Research relevant publications and execute design of experiments focused on understanding different metrics of performance related to protective equipment.
• Brainstorm – Generate product design concepts based on customer requirements. Facilitate brainstorming sessions with other resources in the R&D group to enable collaboration and extract concepts.
• Define – Develop product design requirements and define project scope based on market analysis, customer research, and initial product concepts.
• Design – Use CAD software to create 3D representation of complex physical products that satisfy the product design requirements.
• Prototype – Fabricate proof of design concepts using rapid prototyping techniques, such as 3D printing and CNC machining.
• Test – Prepare and conduct testing on proof of design concepts to verify and validate that the design meets the product design requirements. If necessary, develop and design new test methods and procedures. Analyze the test results using statistical methods and keep meticulous test records for future reference.
• Review – Facilitate design review meetings to review design concepts and test data.
• Documentation – Create and maintain design documentation, such as engineering drawings, material specifications, test procedures, and test reports to ensure the product design intent is carried through commercialization.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related degree.
• 5+ years of applicable work experience.
• Knowledgeable in LabVIEW, Python or similar programming language.
• Proficient in parametric modeling of complex parts or surfaces using Solidworks, Creo, Rhino or similar CAD software.
• Expert in mechanical analysis techniques such as evaluating material properties, applying mechanics of materials techniques, conducting FEA, and selecting appropriate materials.
• Experience with prototyping techniques such as 3D printing and CNC machining.
• Able to work efficiently with minimal supervision.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with both internal and external customers.
• Strong organizational skills and acute attention to detail.