Credit and Collections Support Clerk-North Ridgeville, Ohio
The Credit and Collections Clerk performs a wide range of administrative and general support duties requiring a working knowledge of company and accounting policies, procedures, and practices. The Credit and Collections Support Clerk coordinates and processes documentation; conducts invoice dispute resolution; processes payments for customer accounts; and initiates a follow-up process when expected payment was not received.
• Performs a variety of clerical duties in addition to supporting the activities of the Credit and Collections Analysts
• Prepares and sends statements, invoices and credit memo copies to customers upon request
• Work with 3rd party company for dunning process
• Helps with research of customer information when required to help maintain correct customer master data
• Submit credit and debit requests which result from account disputes and billing discrepancies
• Corresponds with multiple departments via phone and email
• Completion of customer vendor forms including W9, ACH Forms, and others as requested
• Maintains incoming Accounts Receivable email box
• Maintains and distributes items received in credit applications email box
• Organizes data on customer spreadsheets to assist Analysts in reconciling check remits and disputes
• Scans and files internal documents
• Prepares account backup for accounts being sent to a Collection Agency
• Processes credit card payments
• Reconcile customer accounts to ensure accuracy of balance
• Submit refund requests
• Perform additional tasks including: obtaining proof of deliveries, tax exemption certificates; creating payment spreadsheets; verifying and processing address changes; following-up on returns; researching youth account contacts for invoice and payment information and general filing.
Education and Training:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Minimum of one year experience working in an office environment
• Proficient with Word and Excel •
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to work accurately in a fast-paced, deadline intensive environment
• Strong customer service focus
• Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to manage multiple assignments and work independently within deadlines
• Strong teamwork skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships with multiple departments.
• Careful attention to detail and accuracy required.
• Ability to work courteously and tactfully with customers, sales representatives and employees.
• Strong time management, analytical and organizational skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality on invoicing issues