The Collection Analyst coordinates and processes documentation, invoice dispute resolution and customer payment for customer accounts. Performs account analysis and researches payment and account discrepancies. Identifies and verifies transactions and expedites a resolution of various invoicing issues that may be preventing payment. Provides collection resolution support between the customer, sales representative and the company. Following company policies and procedures, initiates a follow-up process when expected payment was not received.
• Manages accounts receivables aging including researching and applying payments, preparing and updating aging reports and reviewing with regional sales managers and sales representatives.
• Prepares and sends invoice copies and letters of collection correspondence to customers and sales representatives.
• Prepares, prints and reviews statements and statement holds monthly.
• Processes tax credits, check requests, phone payments, demand letters, turning over accounts and other requested documentation to expedite account payments.
• Verifies and signs vouchers as legally required.
• Submits credit requests, sales transfers, debit memos for check requests and account write-offs.
• Makes collection calls on past due accounts.
• Initiates TSI process.
• Assists with cash receipts and returns processing as needed.
• Provides accounts receivable-related assistance to upper management and auditors as required.
• Performs additional tasks including: obtaining proof of deliveries and tax exemption certificates; creating payment spreadsheets; verifying and processing address changes; following-up on returns; researching youth account
contacts for invoice and payment information and general filing.
Education and Training:
• Minimum of 5 years accounts receivable/collections experience required.
• SAP experience required
• Strong proficiency with MS Office applications, primarily Excel.
• High School degree or equivalent required.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance or equivalent combination of education, training and related experience required.
Skills and Abilities:
• Strong communication, negotiation, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work courteously and tactfully with customers, sales representatives and employees.
• Excellent time management, analytical and organizational skills.
• Ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Ability to manage multiple assignments and work independently within deadlines.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality on collection issues.
• Strong teamwork and decision-making skills.
• Careful attention to detail and accuracy required.