• Set up and operate an automatic and or manual screen printing press according to written and/or verbal instructions, established company procedures, safety and quality guidelines.
• Solve printing problems and making print adjustments to mechanical operation of press to keep quality, registration, color and optimum production speed.
• Understanding of inks, solvents and can print line, halftone and four-color copy on a variety of substrates.
• Receives production order and job assignments from supervisor. Reads order to verify quantity to be run, overrun tolerance, color sequence and substrate.
• Obtains substrate, screen, ink, squeegees, and related supplies needed to produce job.
• Checks screens for proper color sequence and quality.
• Sets up press according to established company guidelines, safety and job requirements.
• Tests the registration of the print design by allowing the machine to cycle automatically, printing on material scraps until registered.
• Prints proof sheets to check press setup, registration, ink viscosity and color.
• Secures supervisors’ approval of 1st run before printing job.
• Sign off on production paperwork.
• Prints job maintaining optimum production speed and makes press adjustments to maintain print quality, registration and color.
• Solves print problems.
• Prints line and halftone copy on a variety of substrates.
• Completes production run including overruns and production samples.
• Completes production records.
• Ensures proper cleanliness of press, work station and immediate press area by returning unused ink to ink racks, removing trash, rags and extra press sheets.
• Responsible for directing the work of press puller and quality control/belt.
To perform this job successfully, individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
• One plus years of experience and/or training in screen printing; or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
• Must have good judgment of color, design and printing quality.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.