The Laundry Attendant position washes, cleans and dries all incoming hard goods sporting equipment and apparel products from a wide variety of customers. Operates and monitors the washing, dry cleaning and drying machines/equipment.
• Operates and monitors washing, dry cleaning, and drying machines/equipment including adding chemicals.
• Identifies stained or damaged items and determines status for repair, spot treatment, rewash or discard.
• Inspects cleanliness of articles removed from the washer, dryer or dry cleaning machines and places in clean linen carts.
• Sets dryers to designated drying times and temperatures based on fabrics contained in load.
• Removes lint and debris from dryer screens, dry cleaning filters, lint traps and drain traps after each load.
• Folds cleaned articles into designated size, either by hand or by using a folding machine.
• Maintains accurate records of items laundered.
• Ensures uniform and personal appearance is clean and professional;
• Maintains confidentiality of proprietary information and protects company assets.
• Ensures adherence to quality expectations and standards.
• Identifies, recommends, develops and implements new ways to increase organizational efficiency, productivity, quality, safety, and/or cost-savings.
• Operates and uses all machines/equipment following standard work instructions and operating procedures.
• Observes all safety rules and regulations.
• Exercises care and good judgment at all times to prevent accidents and injuries.
• Adheres to all company policies, procedures, rules and Code of Conduct.
• Practices good housekeeping by keeping work area, neighboring areas and aisles clean and accessible.
• Follows all company safety and security policies and procedures.
• Reports accidents, injuries and unsafe working conditions to manager.
• Completes all safety training and required certification.
• Performs other duties and tasks as assigned.
Education and Training:
• High School Degree or GED required.
Skills and Abilities:
• Manual dexterity required for operating equipment/machinery.
• Ability to lift 30 pounds
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
• Ability to write simple correspondence.
• Ability to communicate effectively in one-on-one and small group situations within the organization.
• Ability to stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
• Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with others.
• Supports team to reach common goals.
• Ability to listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
• Ability to rely on judgment for personal safety regarding work.
• Attention to detail.