Production Spray Painter-Ist Shift
The Production Spray Painter position produces painted surfaces using hand spray application techniques on a semi-automated conveyor system. Mixes paint colors and accents from customer samples and requirements and determines best methods of application. Applies paints and monitors process. Looking to Hire Immediately for First Shift.
- 5:00 am -1:30 pm
- Determines painting requirements by studying customer specifications.
- Prepares surfaces for painting by using masking, grit blast or chemical rinse.
- Selects and mixes paint colors including accents to meet customer requirements.
- Adjusts robotic, automatic and manual equipment to accurately apply spray finish to parts.
- Applies paint and completes painting process by adjusting spray guns, airbrushes and stencils.
- Documents paint usage.
- Properly collects, stores or disposes of paints.
- Maintains equipment by troubleshooting malfunctions and by completing preventive maintenance requirements and schedules.
- Maintains safe conditions by following guidelines and procedures for handling and disposing of materials.
- Operates and uses all equipment following standard work instructions and operating procedures.
- Observes all safety rules and regulations.
- Exercises care and good judgment at all times to prevent accidents and injuries.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures, rules and BRG Code of Conduct.
- Practices good housekeeping by keeping work area, neighboring areas and aisles clean and accessible.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned.
Education and Training:
- High School Degree or GED required.
- Five to seven (5-7) years of spray painting experience producing painted metal and plastic surfaces as determined by painting requirements.
- Previous knowledge of prep standards required.
- Proficient at understanding and following quality control guidelines and paint manufacturers’ specifications and instructions.
Skills and Abilities:
- Manual dexterity required for operating equipment/machinery and tools.
- Ability to monitor all phases of the production paint process and operate the necessary equipment to verify compliance with quality control standards.
- Ability to rely on judgment for personal safety regarding work.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds.
- Ability to comprehend customer’s requirements.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively in one-on-one and small group situations within the organization.
- Ability to stand or sit for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Ability to perform simple mathematical calculations.
- Ability to effectively relate with others and cooperate as a team member.
- Ability to perform essential functions and responsibilities of the job with limited supervision.
- Must be flexible.
- Careful attention to detail.
Job Type: Full-time
Looking to hire ASAP!
- painting: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
- Monday to Friday 5:00 am -1:30 pm
- Waiting period may apply