Production Spray Painter-2nd Shift
The Production Spray Painter position produces painted surfaces using hand spray application techniques on a semi-automated conveyor system. Mixes paint colors and accents from customer samples and requirements and determines best methods of application. Applies paints and monitors process. Must start immediately.
- Determines painting requirements by studying customer specifications.
- Prepares surfaces for painting by using masking, grit blast or chemical rinse.
- Selects and mixes paint colors including accents to meet customer requirements.
- Adjusts robotic, automatic and manual equipment to accurately apply spray finish to parts.
- Applies paint and completes painting process by adjusting spray guns, airbrushes and stencils.
- Documents paint usage.
- Properly collects, stores or disposes of paints.
- Maintains equipment by troubleshooting malfunctions and by completing preventive maintenance requirements and schedules.
- Maintains safe conditions by following guidelines and procedures for handling and disposing of materials.
- Operates and uses all equipment following standard work instructions and operating procedures.
- Observes all safety rules and regulations.
- Exercises care and good judgment at all times to prevent accidents and injuries.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures, rules and BRG Code of Conduct.
- Practices good housekeeping by keeping work area, neighboring areas and aisles clean and accessible.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned.
Education and Training:
- High School Degree or GED required.
- Five to seven (5-7) years of spray painting experience producing painted metal and plastic surfaces as determined by painting requirements.
- Previous knowledge of prep standards required.
- Proficient at understanding and following quality control guidelines and paint manufacturers’ specifications and instructions.
Skills and Abilities:
- Manual dexterity required for operating equipment/machinery and tools.
- Ability to monitor all phases of the production paint process and operate the necessary equipment to verify compliance with quality control standards.
- Ability to rely on judgment for personal safety regarding work.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds.
- Ability to comprehend customer’s requirements.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively in one-on-one and small group situations within the organization.
- Ability to stand or sit for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Ability to perform simple mathematical calculations.
- Ability to effectively relate with others and cooperate as a team member.
- Ability to perform essential functions and responsibilities of the job with limited supervision.
- Must be flexible.
- Careful attention to detail.
Job Type: Full-time
- painting: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
- Monday to Friday
- Waiting period may apply