Buffer/Sander-2nd and 3rd Shifts
Job Summary:The Buffer/Sander position sets up and operates multiple grinding machines and hand sanders as trained and instructed. Must start immediately.
- Learns to read drawings, understand work instructions and to visualize grinding and sanding to be done.
- Removes decals, signage and paint from plastic headgear/helmets in preparation for reconstruction and refurbishing.
- Operates a multiple types of grinding and sanding machines, including securing parts on the machine, dressing wheels, operating the controls of the machine and producing parts within tolerances.
- Assures tools are used correctly including calipers, micrometers and height gages to measure the dimensions of the parts ground.
- Is expected to operate multiple machines at the time, when workload permits.
- Operates machines, uses tools and completes all tasks following standard work instructions and operating procedures.
- Observes all safety rules and regulations.
- Exercises care and good judgment at all times to prevent accidents and injuries.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures, rules and BRG Code of Conduct.
- Practices good housekeeping by keeping work area, neighboring areas and aisles clean and accessible.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned.
Education and Training:
- High School Degree or GED required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to lift 30 pounds.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively in one-on-one and small group situations within the organization.
- Attention to detail.
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and tools.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday