The Helmet Repair position identifies product failures and required repairs related to helmets and head gear. Restores the appearance of reconditioned equipment and re-certifies equipment to one of several NOCSAE standards for the performance of equipment worn by athletes. Must start immediately.
- Identifies and analyzes product failures and identifies required repairs to the equipment.
- Cleans and sanitizes all equipment.
- Makes necessary repairs to re-certify equipment to one of several NOCSAE standards for the performance of equipment.
- Orders and replaces parts as needed/necessary.
- Generates daily reports associated with product analysis and repairs as required.
- Diagnoses and repairs hardware using established procedures.
- Determines most cost effective repair/resolution to minimize customer cost.
- Prepares reports for analysis of product failure trends and service ability issues as required.
- Operates and uses all equipment and tools following standard work instructions and operating procedures.
- Observes all safety rules and regulations.
- Exercises care and good judgment at all times to prevent accidents and injuries.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures, rules and EBS Code of Conduct.
- Practices good housekeeping by keeping work area, neighboring areas and aisles clean and accessible.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned.
Education and Training:
- High School Degree or GED required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Access) desirable.
- Three (3) or more years’ experience performing inspections and repair of reconditioned and manufactured helmets and head gear.
- Proficient at operating standard office equipment such as copiers, computer terminals, personal computers, etc.
Skills and Abilities:
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and tools.
- Ability to rely on judgment for personal safety regarding work.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively in one-on-one and small group situations within the organization.
- Ability to stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Ability to perform simple mathematical calculations.
- Ability to effectively relate with others and cooperate as a team member in groups of 15-30 members..
- Ability to perform essential functions and responsibilities of the job with limited supervision.
- Ability to identify components, to read and understand schematics and drawings and to use standard inspection tools.
- Ability to monitor all phases of the production process and operate the necessary tools to verify compliance with quality standards.
- Must be flexible and have the ability to multitask.
- Attention to detail.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 to $16.00 /hour
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
- Monday to Friday