The Assembler position performs manual labor along a production line or in production cells assembling or disassembling various component parts related to hard goods athletic equipment. Position located at our North Ridgeville, OH facility.
Must Start Immediately.
- Follows work instructions/specifications to determine required assembly, exterior finish on a product and any special options.
- Checks immediate assembly area for adequate supplies of sub-assemblies, parts, and fasteners for the particular assembly.
- Requests supplies through appropriate channels.
- Checks power and hand tools and safety stops for correct operation.
- Assembles components per work instructions.
- Examines assembly and connections for correct fit, fastening parts and sub-assemblies following work instructions/specifications.
- Packs finished product into designated carton and inserts or applies any required labels, tags, decals and/or instructions.
- Resolves minor assembly and packing problems.
- Reports any assembly problems/issues to the supervisor for evaluation and resolution.
- Provides information and assists with the completion of assembly production reports.
- Maintains clean and safe working environment in line with company policies.
- Operates and uses all equipment following standard work instructions and operating procedures.
- Observes all safety rules and regulations.
- Exercises care and good judgment at all times to prevent accidents and injuries.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures, rules and BRG Code of Conduct.
- Practices good housekeeping by keeping work area, neighboring areas and aisles clean and accessible.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned.
Education and Training:
- High School Degree or GED required.
- One to three (1-3) years experience in intricate hand assembly and/or general assembly in a manufacturing environment required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Manual dexterity required for operating equipment and tools.
- Ability to monitor all phases of the assembly process and operate the necessary equipment to verify compliance with quality control standards.
- Ability to rely on judgment for personal safety regarding work.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds.
- Ability to comprehend customer’s requirements.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively in one-on-one and small group situations within the organization.
- Ability to stand or sit for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Ability to perform simple mathematical calculations.
- Ability to effectively relate with others and cooperate as a team member.
- Ability to perform essential functions and responsibilities of the job with some supervision.
- Must be flexible.
- Careful attention to detail.