Accounts Payable Clerk
Kollege Town Sports, a Division of Riddell specializes in customapparel, uniforms & footwear for college, high school, youth, and corporategroups nationwide. Its innovative custom screen-printing, embroidery, appliqueand laser etching is done under one roof, making the company an efficientone-stop shop. Kollege Town Sports is proud of its partnerships with UnderArmour; making the company one of the largest team dealers in the country. Inaddition, Kollege Town Sports recently launched its FanaKTive division; providingeye-catching large format print graphics to its already impressive resume ofin-house capabilities. Location: Sun Prairie, WI
Position: Accounts Payable Clerk
The Accounts Payable Clerk performs accounting and clerical tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions. This position ensures the timely and accurate payment and distribution of invoices in accordance with company policies, processes and procedures.
- Daily Accounts Payable Data Entry into SAP.
- Responsible for processing all incoming invoices which includes vendor invoices, expense reports and check requests.
- Process vendor invoices (Inventory and Expense items) by matching the invoice to the purchase order and the Goods Receipt.
- Scan and attach all pertinent documents in SAP.
- Expense reports and check requests are reviewed for accuracy and the appropriate approval.
- Resolve vendor invoice price and quantity discrepancies internally and externally.
- Answer all incoming vendor calls regarding payment inquires in a professional and friendly manner, also making all necessary outgoing calls to vendors for invoice copies and various other issues.
- Responsible for providing copies of any requested invoice information, internally and externally, which includes our yearly audit.
- Assist with month end close.
- Reviews customer statements·
- Follows department procedures and policies.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties for the A/P Department as required.
Education and Training:
- A high school diploma and some accounting coursework or relevant work experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience in accounts payable, or general accounting
- Excellent proficiency in MS Office applications, primarily Excel.
- Data Entry & SAP experience required.
- Broad range of experience with automated accounting systems, journal entries, account reconciliation, month-end closing and year end reporting
- High volume of accounts payable experience desired.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Should be discreet and trustworthy because they frequently come in contact with confidential material.
- Strong teamwork skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships.
- Strong customer service focus and customer relations skills.
- Excellent time management, analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Strong multi-tasking and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and work independently within deadlines.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and math skills, data analysis, and research and resolution skills.
- Careful attention to detail and accuracy.