Production Graphic Artist-Sun Prairie, WI
The Production Graphic Artist is responsible for setting up vector artwork files for proofing to customers and sending on to production. This individual must possess a mix of both creative and technical skills to work quickly and remain extremely detail-oriented to ensure accuracy and productivity. A very high percentage of time will be spent working on templated artwork with customer vector logos on file, while an extremely low percentage of time is spent being “creative” and designing brand new concepts. Position is located in Sun Prairie, WI.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Learn and retain industry standards and guidelines for decorated apparel
- Creates detailed graphics following sales instructions and established company standards and guidelines
- Updates design(s) following customer or peer feedback on proofs
- Effectively communicates errors or missing data through the appropriate channels to resolve issues
- Formats supplied artwork into production-ready files for, but not limited to screen printed and embroidered apparel
- Accurately and efficiently turn non-vector supplied art into usable Vector file formats
- Resolve any artwork issues that arise during proofing or production
- Prepare images for online stores
- Maintains and updates graphics database and graphic files
- Maintains a safe and healthy environment by adhering to company rules and policies
- Relies on instructions and pre-established processes and procedures to perform the functions of the job
Skills and Abilities
- Thoughtful attention to detail and accuracy necessary
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills
- Solid comprehension, listening and problem-solving skills
- Strong multi-tasking skills with the ability to manage multiple projects/tasks and work independently within deadlines
- Strong teamwork skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships
- Self-motivated, results oriented
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and mentor for new artists.
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Must possess strong color vision acuity & ability to read small font sizes
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work This is a full-time hourly non-exempt position 40-55 hours per week position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with flexibility.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree – Graphic Design, or Equivalent Vocational or Technical School Certificate in Graphic Arts
- Proficiency in Adobe Cloud Programs: Illustrator, Photoshop & InDesign
- Proficiency in MS Office applications: Outlook, Word, Excel
- 2-4 years of related professional experience in design
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Knowledge of the sporting goods and apparel industry
- Experience in SAP Software
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.