Inventory Control/ Material Handler-Forklift
The Material Handler position moves and stores materials, supplies and finished goods, etc. to designated departments or areas within the facility either manually, by hand truck or forklift, and maintains accurate inventory levels utilizing inventory control systems. Must start immeditately.
- Performs various general warehouse/material handling duties within the facility including loading materials, supplies or finished product using appropriate material handling equipment.
- Stacks skids, pallets or cartons in designated areas.
- Cleans up and disposes of scrap, cardboard and strapping, etc. and places in proper containers or designated areas.
- Uses simple hand tools such as pliers, hammers and screwdrivers, etc. to perform job duties.
- Completes required logs and records as required.
- Operates and uses all equipment following standard work instructions and operating procedures.
- Observes all safety rules and regulations.
- Exercises care and good judgment at all times to prevent accidents and injuries.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures, rules and EBS Code of Conduct.
- Practices good housekeeping by keeping storage areas and aisles clean and accessible.
- Forklift Responsibilities:
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned.
Education and Training:
- High School Degree or GED required.
- One to three (1-3) years of warehouse experience preferred.
- Forklift certification required.
- Proficient at understanding and following equipment/machinery operating instructions.
Skills and Abilities:
- Manual dexterity required for operating equipment/machinery.
- Ability to rely on judgment for personal safety regarding work.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds.
- Must maintain a current license to the standards set forth by EBS/Riddell
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively in one-on-one and small group situations within the organization.
- Ability to stand or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Ability to perform simple mathematical calculations.
- Ability to effectively relate with others and cooperate as a team member.
- Ability to perform essential functions and responsibilities of the job with some supervision.
- Must be flexible.
- Careful attention to detail.