Accounts Payable Specialist
The Accounts Payable Specialist III performs accounting and clerical tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions. This position ensures the timely and accurate payment and distribution of invoices in accordance with company policies, processes and procedures. This position will also act as back up to the Accounts Payable Supervisor.
• Daily Accounts Payable Data Entry into SAP.
• Responsible for processing all incoming invoices which includes vendor invoices, expense reports and check requests.
• Process vendor invoices (Inventory and Expense items) by matching the invoice to the purchase order and the Goods Receipt.
• Ensures outstanding obligations are credited upon payment and identifies discount opportunities.
• Expense reports and check requests are reviewed for accuracy and the appropriate approval.
• Resolve vendor invoice price and quantity discrepancies internally and externally.
• Acts as a representative of the accounting department in dealing with vendors to resolve accounts payable discrepancies or other related inquiries.
• Supports internal/external audit requests related to AP
• Assist with month end close.
• Scan and attach all pertinent documents in SAP.
• Coordinates with Master Data in maintaining accurate files; address changes, taxpayer ID, and payment terms.
• Maintain records with regarding to external consultants-1099’s and W9 forms.
• Follows department procedures and policies.
• Perform other miscellaneous duties for the A/P Department as required.
Education and Training:
• Data Entry & SAP experience required.
• A high school diploma and some accounting coursework or relevant work experience.
• 5 + years of experience in accounts payable or general accounting.
• Knowledge of multi-state sales & use tax.
• Excellent proficiency in MS Office applications, primarily Excel.
• Broad range of experience with automated accounting systems, journal entries, account reconciliation, month-end closing and year end reporting.
• High volume accounts payable experience required
Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Should be discreet and trustworthy because they frequently come in contact with confidential material.
• Strong teamwork skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships.
• Strong customer service focus and customer relations skills.
• Excellent time management, analytical and organizational skills.
• Ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Strong multi-tasking and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and work independently within deadlines.
• Careful attention to detail and accuracy.