Intern - Consumer Services
Summer Intern – Consumer Services
The Consumer Services Intern provides prompt and courteous support to our individual consumers by answering requests concerning products, shipments and deliveries. The Consumer Services Intern addresses all consumer inquiries and complaints with the highest degree of professionalism and product knowledge. This position is in an extremely, customer-focused area and requires a positive individual who can give our customers confidence in our products, people and processes. The Consumer Service Intern presents a sincere commitment to servicing the customer and supporting the field sales force and manufacturing personnel. May through September internship.
· Answers consumer inquiries by clarifying desired information, researching and providing information.
· Resolves issues by clarifying problems, exploring answers and alternative solutions and implementing the best solution.
- Enters order data.
- Continually maintains a thorough knowledge of all company products, catalog contents and promotional items
· Troubleshoots orders and shipping complications.
· Researches and resolves accounts receivable issues.
· Strives for single call resolution of issues.
· Provides timely follow-ups if necessary.
· Continually maintains a thorough knowledge of all company products, catalog contents, field sales personnel and any promotional items.
Education and Training:
- High school degree or equivalent required.
- Customer Service, Help Desk or Call Center Experience Desirable
- Proficient with MS Office applications, primarily Excel and Outlook
- SAP experience a plus
- Basic knowledge of sports and the associated equipment used with each individual sport is desirable.
- CRM experience desirable (Customer Relationship Management)
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent customer-relations skills.
- Ability to multitask (handle the pressure!)
- Ability to service high call volume
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of energy.
- Strong articulation and voice clarity skills.
- Solid comprehension, listening and negotiating skills.
- Excellent intuitive, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong teamwork skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships.
- Strong task prioritization skills.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Careful attention to detail and accuracy.